Saturday, December 13, 2008

My Adventure with Vegetables

I have a new tv show addiction: BBC's You are What You Eat. It has done wonders for my diet by making me actually pay attention to what I am eating. However, I have been getting tired of eating the same old vegetables day in and day out. It's time that I venture outside of the bell peppers, carrots, and asparagus. If only the produce section wasn't so intimidating! Did I mention last time I needed a leek, I spent 10 minutes searching for it? And I never did find that scallion.

Here is what I picked up at the grocery store today:




1 Parsnips*
2. Beets*
3. Fennel*
4. Jicama*
5. Butternut squash*
6. Spaghetti squash*
7. Eggplant*
8. Bok Choy*
9. Garlic
10. Edamame*
11. Brussel Sprouts
12. Pineapple
13. Asian Pear
14. Apple-Pear*
15. Persimmon*
16. Cauliflower
17. Mango*
18. Artichokes*
19. Lemons
20. Tomatoes
21. Sweet potatoes*
22. Red, orange, and yellow peppers

(* Items I have never tried or rarely ever eat.)

I can't wait to try it all! I will be roasting some butternut squash in the oven and making some parsnip and beet chips. Stay tuned for the recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment